Daily Archives: January 6, 2010
Instead of agonising over my swap tea towels any further… I decided to start!
This may be the only one I do before I have to start packing for our holiday… but at least I now know my stencilling idea will work so I can relax about it.
A few things I’ve learnt from this one:
1) leave more room at the bottom … I don’t want to truncate the solid semi-circles. As a result the hems on this towel will be thinner than I would like.
2) remember offset the ‘repeat’. The solid shapes aren’t meant to line up in a row like that but I think it looks pretty good anyway.
3) be careful when lifting the stencil otherwise the ink will smudge. It happened in a few places and isn’t disasterous… but I can do better.
4) my intensive drawing project has already been useful since this design comes straight from one of the pages I did a few days ago 🙂
5) I need to find some thread that matches this fabric so I can hem them by machine. I have linen embroidery thread which is an ok match, but I don’t want to hem by hand. I’ve just finished hemming some teatowels for my sister by hand and they take me a couple of day each. Eeeek! No, I must find that thread!
6) I love this fabric!