This was intended to be a quick little towel warp and I wanted to focus on fun stuff like treadle tie ups and adjustments. But with this loom, with this warp, with this project; I had problems with draw in and then I had problems with ends breaking… lots and lots of ends!
At great expense I mail ordered a temple (stretcher), and when I first used it I broke 8 ends all at once. I wasn’t happy… oh no, I was not happy at all!
After replacing all the ends I realised I was headed for some annoying tension issues and cut about 3/4” off each side of the warp. I cut out all the problem warp ends and started afresh. The purple sides are skinnier than they were, but my sanity is restored.
With proper(ish) temple use the weaving has been progressing smoothly – thank goodness!