Daily Archives: March 17, 2010
In an attempt to maximise my sewing fun I’m making 6 pairs of baby pants at once!
1) Linen Chambray from Linnet this light weight linen has a lovely ‘shot’ weave with blue thread in one direction and green in the other,… these are ‘shorts’ length as I only had a small piece of the fabric.
2) Stretchy linen blend – leftovers from a skirt I made, but I’m making the ‘wrong’ side, not shown here as the ‘right’ side as I like the thin stripes (which may send me blind as it zizzes in front of my eyes!). I’ve got lots of this fabric from Spotlight and I’ll be making myself some shorts from it too.
3) Cotton ‘rip stop’, also from Spotlight. A crisp, dense weave, this was fabric left over from the shorts I made for myself a few weekends ago.
4) ‘Black hunter’ Linen from Tessuti. A light to medium weight linen woven from a black and white verigated yarn. I really love this fabric and I’m thinking seriously about buying more to make a garment for myself.
5) ‘Edo Stream’ very light weight cotton from Tessuti. This fabric is very soft. I’m not sure how it will hold up as a pair of baby pants, but there’s only one way to find out!
6) ‘Cornwall – chino‘ linen from Tessuti. Beautiful, beautiful fabric!
Can you tell I’m still on my linen kick? I just LOVE the feel and look of it and I can’t help myself from indulging. The Tessuti linens are just under $40/m so I’m not exactly economising.
I have to mention that the cuts from Tessuti were very generous for the linen fabric, I ordered 0.5m and they sent 0.6m which leaves me with lots of nice chunky sized scraps to use in some little embroideries (which I’m dreaming about right now!).
So Jasper will be all set for pants which he mostly wears with bonds singlets as modelled above 🙂